Monday, August 18, 2008

The End of All Things...

Hello MMO-Maniacs!

If you’ve been checking in here (and who’s doing that now? There’s dust on dem dere posts!) you’ve probably noticed that there has been a serious lack of content over the past weeks. Well, the reason for this is that I’ve lost my mind and have been committed to the Shattrath Sanctuary Mental Ward indefinitely.

No, really. I have. Look at the wittle birdies outside my window! They’re flying upside down. With orcs on their backs. With even more orcs on their backs.

All kidding aside, MMO-Madness is going defunct for a while. As of my last check in, I was recording a podcast to take our little site into other forms of media. What I found out though was that my scope was too large. If you review my past posts, you’ll see that they’re overwhelming about WoW and my war-mage exploits. That’s not what this site was supposed to be and not what I want it to be. We’re MMO-Madness, not WoW-Whelps. Then again, we’re also not a news resource.

So what are we? A single writer endeavoring to cover several different MMOs. Don’t let my references to “we” confuse you. It’s just me representing my own little project. And as a single worker bee, and a casual worker bee, it’s too much to cover so many different titles fairly. So, until I can rouse some friends/readers into becoming contributors, I’ve decided that the scope needs to be narrowed a little bit.

Hence, I have created Fires of WAR. I find that I enjoy writing much more about the game I’m currently focusing on than forum/news source trolling looking for interesting tidbits to write on. And when I enjoy what I’m writing, I write more often and I write more interesting pieces. Even though I’m not in closed beta for WAR, I am registered for Open Beta, so I hope to have a plethora of content to write on soon.

And since I’ve been following this game consistently for months… and months… and months (!!!) I shouldn’t have any shortage on stuff to write on. So, if you get the opportunity, drop on by to Fires of WAR. And yes, I intend to podcast ;-).

I’ll spare the nitty gritty on that blog here. Suffice it to say though, I intend to write primarily on WAR but I may occasionally cover other topics relevant to the genre.

Sometime, I hope to bring back MMO-Madness. Until then, it’s been a great ride and your readership has meant a lot to me.

Take care all. I hope to meet you on the battlefield.


Regards,
Raegn

No comments: