Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long week, long night.

Raegn has been a busy bee this week, so he hasn't been able to make any new posts. Not only has he been a busy bee over the course of a week, he's been buzzing just about all night long. In fact, it's 4am right now, so he's about buzzed out! He'll try anyways though.

Greetings new readers!

Tonight was rough. As you know, I've been going back and forth between protection and fury trying to breathe new life into my gaming. Tonight, I was fury and set foot, for the first time, into heroic Mechanar.

Now, I was a good little DPSer and looked up the boss strats on wowhead during the flight out. I was ready and starting out, things went great. We kicked ass right through up until the bombers.

God I hate those guys.

Their incessant 1.2k'ish bombs, never ceasing, never fail to completely wipe me out. I was planning on hanging back to avoid wiping on them. Unfortunately, our tank, as good as he was, was getting pretty well trounced.

So in I went. On the last one, running away, down I went.

Lesson learned. Stay the fuck away from the bombers. Check.

Anyhow, apart from that one death on my part, we did well. I was disheartened to find that I was on the bottom of the DPS meter though. Before the first boss, I was at 389 DPS. For me, that's a little low. I'm at, buffed, 2200AP, so it really should have been a little higher. I chalked it up to the tank running from place to place though... odd for a paladin tank. The circumstances didn't necessarily call for it when he did it (which was often) and yet, still.

I was also comforted by the fact that I was the only one in the group still in blues. You all know, I'm not a raider, but I do my best.

Anyways, we positioned ourselves and pulled the first boss. Bad positioning of him. He was in the center of the room and not kited. Melee was moving, (meaning the rogue and I), but still got the crap bombed out of us a couple of times.

Then, came the polarity changes. I was negative. The rogue was positive. Both of us went boom in a spectacular display of blood, guts, shrapnel (bombs, don't you know), and curses.

"I need to mess with my xperl windows" he says. "I couldn't see my polarity."

So, I accepted it. I'm still learning too. Crap happens, it was cool.

Then, then tank asks for the damage meter and he sees me on the bottom. He very kindly ("Sorry bud") told me that I would be replaced because I wasn't ready.

I respect him for being cool about it, especially given plate repair costs. I was still a little taken back though. I mean, that was it? One group wipe, when the rogue admitted that his UI was messing up his game, and I'm the reason why we wiped?

I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think that even with all my blues and blue quality dps, we probably could have made it through the rest of the instance. I know we could have gotten past that boss. Honest issues, right?

Here's the thing: shouldn't there be a little more acceptance of people needing to start somewhere? How did they get their first piece of badge gear? By people helping them learn. And hell, not to sound self righteous, but at least I looked up the strat and was ready going in.

Oh well. Another day, another instance.

I wished them luck and said good night; just as I do with you this eve... morning.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: