Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MMO Madness: A WoW and Greater MMO Blog; who we are


Hello new readers!

So, if you've stumbled across this site, the title tells it all, right? I suppose so, but who am I to discuss such things? Well, at the current time, I'm a dedicated WoW player, slightly bored, slightly enticed, and highly interested in all things MMO. I began my online RPG experiences with a MUD called The Final Challenge in 1998.

MUD's were nothing like MMO's for population but it definitely started a definitive trend for me. I moved from the MUD phase into Neverwinter Nights in mid 2004. I'm a late bloomer, I know. I played the single player game for a bit and quickly moved to the persistent worlds. And so it began.

Now, I'm a level 70 warrior on World of Warcraft. It's a great game. It's supplied me with hundreds of hours of entertainment, but, I'm a bit too casual for the end game raiding. Hence, the only raiding purple I ever got was Malchazeen on my warrior. A dagger. On a warrior. Yeah, but so it goes; I took what I could get.

I've gone between protection and fury a few times now, sampling what WoW has to offer to me. I've levelled a few alts but somehow, over an entire year, I've only been able to get that one warrior to 70. To that, I let loose a resounding "Meh." I like my warrior. I think I'd like a lock more but what can you do? So, yes, meh it is then. Maybe in time.

So what can you expect from this blog? Currently, I'd say it will primarily consist of the thoughts, speculations, and sexulations (intrigued, no? Orcs have naughty naughty thoughts in private... mostly about boars and very ugly women) of a humble protury, yes protury, warrior. On the other hand, I also have a lifetime LotRO membership and am eagerly anticipating Warhammer Online, so expect a few non-WoW posts from time to time.

For the most part, become a loyal reader because, hell, who doesn't want sexualtions from some faceless blogger on the internet? Am I right?

Seriously though, I hope you continue on. I'll do my best to update frequently and keep you informed and entertained. I'll compete with the paid bloggers as much as anyone can and maybe you'll get a couple laughs or maybe even be spurred to think with me.

No comments: