Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stance dance


I was set on respeccing back to Protection tonight as soon as I had the cash to do so.

But I didn't.

Instead, as I was grinding out said cash on the Isle of Quel'danas I was asked by a guildie to come DPS Steamvaults. It was a run I had needed for a while, so I agreed to come and push out as big of numbers as I could.

So, to start, I began the first pull in defensive stance. My bad, I said, and switched out. Force of habit.

We went another few pulls. The rogue pulled aggro and wiped us once and the tank, a druid, pulled four too many mobs another time.

It was a rough run.

On the eight mob pull, I did my duty and put on my tank gear, popped into defensive and tossed up a taunt.

Unfortunately, at that time the healer had just died and it was all me; 1v6 remaining mobs.

I was valiant! I was daring! I was hurting my durability! I was dead.

So, we rezzed and went back.

On the next pull, I found out my quick click equipment switch only replaced about half of my items. The 200ish DPS was my first clue. The erect nipples of the tantalized bog lord was the second. Anyways, we survived and made it to the first boss. We wiped once but downed the boss the second time.

Oh so puggishly, our healer and one dps had to leave right after getting the shard from the DE'd item drop. So, I took my leave.

Walking away, I have to say, I felt like a noob. I guess what I take away here, is not to get to comfortable in any one playstyle. I'm no raider, so it's easy for me to become complacent.

No matter what part of the game you're in, you have to be on task. I wasn't tonight and it showed; I was embarrassed. So it goes though. I am always open to learning and always subject to circumstance like every other player.

One of these days, I'll decide which spec I really want to be and then maybe I can at least afford complacency in rotations. Until then, I'm stance dancing and gear waltzing to my heroics.

No comments: